The Loss of Marlene Moser

Louise . Forsyth louise.forsyth at SHAW.CA
Thu Dec 23 11:29:41 EST 2010

Thank you for sharing the sad news of Marlene’s death, Shelley, and the
moving tribute from her colleagues in the department at Brock. Her death is
a terrible loss for all of us. She will be missed.

Louise

De : Canadian Theatre Research [mailto:CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA] De la part
de Scott, Shelley
Envoyé : 22 décembre 2010 16:18
À : CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Objet : sad news

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am very sorry to share with all of you the sad news that our CATR
colleague, and my dear friend, Marlene Moser, passed away on Tuesday evening
after a long battle with cancer.

Marlene had been a member of CATR since the early 1990s, serving as a TRIC
editorial assistant and on the executive, and participating at many of our
conferences. She was an associate professor at Brock University, and the
following notice is from their website.

Marlene is survived by her husband, Philip, and their daughter CeCe, a large
family and many friends.

- Shelley

Published on December 22 2010

It is with deep sadness and grief that we share with you the news of our
dear colleague Marlene Moser's passing on the evening of December 21, 2010.

Marlene's courageous five year battle with breast cancer developed into
metastasis this past summer.  Her condition started to deteriorate rapidly
Monday morning and she was admitted to the Juravinski Hospital Tuesday
morning and passed away peacefully Tuesday evening surrounded by all of her
family.

Marlene has been a member of the Brock Community since 2000. During her
tenure as professor, researcher, creator, Director and Chair she provided
leadership and love to her colleagues and students in the Department of
Dramatic Arts.  She was instrumental to the development of the Department as
a site of luminous and rigorous investigation of theatre praxis.  Her
mentorship of five colleagues through tenure and promotion is but one facet
of her legacy to the future of our research, pedagogy, and community. Her
presence in the burgeoning theatre scene of St. Catharines was only recently
curtailed as she focused her creative energies to meet the challenge of
cancer - the vision of her initiatives remains undiminished and in our
hearts.

Marlene fought this cancer with such strength, courage and determination.
The Department greatly mourns her passing.

Marlene and colleagues