Section 98 - Open Source Theatre - Work in Progress Presentation

Aislinn Rose aislinnrose at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 3 21:38:58 EST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to send the below information along to you, not necessarily as an
invitation to the Workshop Presentation (unless of course, you're
interested), but more as an invitation to look in on our process.  We have
been experimenting with an idea we're calling "Open Source Theatre", whereby
we have been posting our research methodologies and our materials online as
they have developed.  Most recently, we offered our readers a piece by
Vancouver Poet Laureate, Brad Cran, and asked them to submit artistic works
based on that piece for possible inclusion in our presentation... in true
open source fashion.

Given that *Section 98* looks at the history of Civil Rights issues in
Canada, and is experimenting with a whole new way of creating theatre, I
thought it might be of particular interest to those of you on this list.

Here's what some educators have said:

"As a writer, actor, and supply teacher (hoping to have my own class soon!),
I think this process is extraordinarily valuable, with respect to the arts,
cultural and political communities, and students of all ages. I would love
to integrate this process and blog into my future high school history
classes–or drama classes. The cross-curricular potential is limitless."

" Just keep me in the loop because I find this process fascinating &
informative."

Here <http://praxistheatre.com/upcoming-shows/> is a link to our Open Source
page for *Section 98 *with links to all of our Open Source postings.

Here<http://praxistheatre.com/2010/03/section-98-open-source-entry-5-i-believe-in-the-power-of-you-and-i/>is
a link to our most recent post featuring Brad Cran's "2010 Handbook
for
Entering Canada.

I look forward to questions, and/or comments of all kinds.  I can be reached
at aislinnrose at gmail.com, or (please) feel free to comment on the Open
Source entries themselves as we want to encourage as much dialogue as
possible.

More about *Section 98* itself can be found in the invitation below.

Warm Regards to you all,

Aislinn Rose,
Open Source Project Leader &
Script Supervisor