GREEK NATIONAL THEATRE MUSEUM

Don Rubin drubin at YORKU.CA
Tue May 3 18:04:07 EDT 2011

Dear Candrama Members:

I just received this from a close colleague in Athens. The Greek
government is planning to close the national theatre museum there to
save money. She has indicated that a strong protest might save the
museum. I urge you to sign their petition.

Many thanks.

Don Rubin
York University

TO THEATRE WORKERS WORLDWIDE:

DUE TO EXTREMELY HARSH AUSTERITY MEASURES, THE PRESENT GREEK
GOVERNMENT,  THE FINANCE MINISTER AND THE MINISTER OF CULTURE  HAVE
DECIDED TO CLOSE THE GREEK THEATRE MUSEUM WHICH HOUSES NOT ONLY THE
HISTORY OF THE GREEK THEATRE, BUT IRREPLACEABLE AND UNIQUE HISTORICAL
DOCUMENTS -- THEATRE PROGRAMS, ARTIFACTS,
COSTUMES, PICTURES, TEXTS, ETC.THE THEATRE COMMUNITY IN GREECE AND
WORLD-WIDE MUST NOT PERMIT THIS. PLEASE SHOW YOUR PERSONAL SUPPORT BY
SIGNING THE PETITION ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE. IT APPEARS FIRST IN GREEK
AND THEN IN ENGLISH.
THANK YOU.
http://theatremuseum.blogspot.com/