NEW EDITOR, TRiC/RTaC

Barry Freeman coldatlantic at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 29 12:28:55 EDT 2012

ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW EDITOR, THEATRE RESEARCH IN CANADA/RECHERCHES
THÉÂTRALES AU CANADA

April 29, 2012

THEATRE RESEARCH IN CANADA/RECHERCHES THÉÂTRALES AU CANADA is pleased to
announce that Prof. Marlis Schweitzer will be its next General Editor.
Marlis will start a five-year term in September 2012, serving as
Associate Editor alongside outgoing Editor Glen Nichols in her first year.

Marlis, an Associate Professor in the Department of Theatre at York
University, is the author of /When Broadway Was the Runway: Theater,
Fashion, and American Culture /and has published articles in a number of
journals including /Theatre Journal, Theatre Survey, Theatre Research in
Canada, CTR, /and /TDR,/ as well as in the edited collection
/Performance and the City /(Palgrave Macmillan, 2009). She has co-edited
issues of /Canadian Theatre Review /(on Celebrity Culture, with Laura
Levin) and /Performance Research 16.3: Performing Publics /(with Laura
Levin, Melanie Bennett, and Richard Gough) and is co-editing a
forthcoming issue of /Theatre Research in Canada /(with Stephen Johnson)
on the theme of Gender and Empire. Marlis is currently a co-investigator
on the SSHRC-funded Performance Studies Canada Project led by Laura
Levin (http://performancecanada.com/) and a principal investigator on a
SSHRC-funded project that explores transnational theatre culture in the
early 1900s.

Congratulations, Marlis -- we're delighted to have you on board!

I would also like to publicly thank Glen for his years of incredible
service to our community during his tenure at TRiC/RTaC, the last two
years of which he managed to do while in a demanding new position as
Director of Drama at Mount Allison University. Glen's meticulous work,
sound judgement and generous spirit have made him a pleasure to work with.

Best,
Barry.

--
Barry Freeman, Assistant Professor
Theatre and Performance Studies, University of Toronto Scarborough