STU Reviews

Robin C. Whittaker rwhit at STU.CA
Sat Dec 8 17:11:17 EST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I'd like to direct your attention to STU Reviews, the blog I've founded
featuring Fredericton theatre and dance reviews by students enrolled in
my "Drama and Its Critics" course: http://stureviews.wordpress.com . I'd
certainly be interest in knowing if any colleagues maintain similar
public reviewing sites offering student contributions through their courses.

Given that Fredericton does not have a regular theatre reviewer—though
it has, as my colleague Ilkay Silk points out, "more theatre than you
think"—STU Reviews seeks to fill a critical void. With good commentary
follows good discussion and perhaps even greater audience interest. Love
them or hate them, reviews serve as documents of public record for the
otherwise "ephemeral" medium of theatre.

Among reviewing sites, STU Reviews is unique in that it often publishes
multiple perspectives on the same production, whether it is produced by
the city's professional "regional" Theatre New Brunswick, the roadhouse
Fredericton Playhouse, various independent theatre companies, or
university and high school companies. Links to these companies are on
the STU Reviews Home page.

Now that the term is over, the intention is that some students will stay
on as contributors. We're already nearing 1000 hits in just a few months.

Enjoy, spread the word, follow us on Twitter ( @STU_Reviews ), and feel
free to return to the site where Fredericton follows theatre!

All the best,
Robin.

--
Robin C. Whittaker, PhD