Special issue on Pantomime of Popular Entertainment Studies

Luella Massey l.massey at UTORONTO.CA
Tue Jan 10 16:08:27 EST 2012

*Please forward to Candrama*

*Call for articles*

*/Popular Entertainment Studies/*

*/http://www.newcastle.edu.au/journal/popular-entertainment-studies//*

*An interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the
investigation of all aspects of popular entertainment.*

We invite contributions from scholars and practitioners with interests
in the history of popular theatre forms, performance studies, the moving
image, fine arts, music, health, psychology, economics and cultural
studies. We would also welcome an input from performing arts curators
and archivists.

*Volume 3, number 2 (September 20012)*

*Special Focus issue:  “Pantomime and the continuities of performance: a
global perspective”*

We invite contributions from scholars and practitioners interested in
this enduring form of popular entertainment.  We are particularly
interested in providing a global perspective and therefore would
encourage contributions from those working in South Africa, North
America,  South-East Asia and indeed anywhere where pantomime either
found or continues to find a home.  Contributions might address
historical and cultural contexts, contemporary performance, traditions
or innovations , the appropriation of pantomime within other genres or
modes of transmission including television.

*Expressions of interest: to be sent as soon as possible*

*Submission deadline: July 16 2012. See the website for information on
submissions and for all correspondence.*

* *