Call for Participants!

Julia Gray juliagray at ROGERS.COM
Wed Jan 11 10:09:08 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

Below is a call for participants for a research project I am doing.  Feel
free to spread widely.

Thanks!

Julia

I am looking for people who have been involved in the creation of a
research-informed play based on health research!

Would you be willing to talk about your experiences with research-informed
theatre and your process for developing the play(s) you were involved with?

My name is Julia Gray, and I am currently pursuing doctoral studies at
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto.  I
am enrolled in the graduate course "Introduction to Qualitative Research"
taught by Dr. Bonnie Burstow.

As part of this course, I will be interviewing health researchers
(scientists and/or social scientists) and fine arts researchers and/or
practicing theatre artists (actors, playwrights, directors, choreographers,
etc) who have been involved in cross-disciplinary collaborations on
research-informed theatre projects in the area of health care.  Interviews
would take about an hour and would take place at a convenient location for
you (or via telephone in the case of long-distance. I would cover any
long-distance telephone charges).

To clarify, by using the term 'research-informed theatre,' I am referring to
theatre projects that are created based on 'research data' as understood by
academics in the sciences and social sciences.  Of course, all theatre
projects are based on some kind of research, but the term 'research'
discussed here refers to a specific academic process.

I would like to explore the process of creating research-informed theatre in
health care to contribute to the emerging field of 'arts and health,' as
well as new understandings of the health-based term 'knowledge translation.'

Interested?

For more information, please contact me, Julia Gray, via email at
juliagray at rogers.com or via telephone at 416-884-6941.