Message for CATR/ACRT 2012 Conference Attendees

Peter Kuling kuling at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 2 16:13:49 EDT 2012

*** Apologies for any cross-postings or multiple copies received ***

Hello Everyone,

I am really looking forward to welcoming everyone to Kitchener-Waterloo for
the 2012 CATR/ACRT Conference in just a few short weeks. I wanted to let
everyone know that the conference schedule has been finalized and posted on
the CATR/ACRT website at: http://www.catr-acrt.ca/?page_id=11 - The
conference schedule will also be printed in the forthcoming CATR/ACRT
spring newsletter.

I've got a few announcements I'd like to share with you:

- I would like to draw your attention to the The Robert Lawrence Prize,
which was established in 1995 by CATR/ACRT to honour the memory and
contribution of a valued member and friend. The prize recognizes the
research of an emerging scholar who has presented an outstanding paper at
the Association's yearly conference. The award of $200.00 is supported by
the generous donations of Mrs Robert G. Lawrence. The award is open to
graduate students and emerging scholars who have recently completed their
PhD (within the five years) and who are presenting any kind of a research
paper on a panel at the annual CATR/ACRT conference.

If you are eligible and would like to be considered for the award, you MUST
contact Reina Green at reina.green at msvu.ca by Friday, May 18th, to ensure
that members of the adjudication committee are present at your paper.
Immediately following the conference, you will need to forward a copy of
your presentation to Reina Green by email attachment. The criteria for the
award include the depth and detail of the paper as well as the quality of
its presentation.

- Online registration is still open for the CATR trip to the Stratford
Shakespeare Festival on Saturday May 26th to see either *42nd Street* or *
Cymbeline*. Please register online to ensure your tickets are reserved.
Payments can be made online or in person during the conference. Please use
the following link to register: https://fedcan-association.ca/event/en/32/27

- On a related note, please make sure you register with both CATR and
Congress. CATR Memberships are available at:
https://www.fedcan-association.ca/catr-acrt - Congress registrations are
available at: http://congress2012.ca/attend/registration/ - CATR banquet
tickets can be purchased when registering through the Congress website. If
you've already registered but would like to add a banquet ticket, please
email me at kuling at gmail.com to reserve your seat.

If anyone has any questions about anything related to the conference over
the next weeks please feel free to contact me.
<kuling at gmail.com>
Many thanks,

Peter Kuling

Chair, CATR/ACRT 2012 Conference Planning Committee
Department of Communication Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University, 75 University Avenue West,
Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5

Tel: 519-884-0710 ext 2627
Fax: 647-344-6198