Book signing

Judith Rudakoff rudakoff at YORKU.CA
Thu May 10 09:26:30 EDT 2012

If you will be in Toronto following CATR in K/W at Congress, you may be
interested:

Due to popular demand...

A second Toronto book signing of TRANS(per)FORMING Nina Arsenault:An
Unreasonable Body of Work (Ed. Judith Rudakoff)

Transgendered playwright, performer, columnist, and sex worker Nina
Arsenault has undergone more than sixty plastic surgeries in pursuit of
a feminine beauty ideal. In /TRANS(per)FORMING Nina Arsenault/, Judith
Rudakoff brings together a diverse group of contributors, including
artists, scholars, and Arsenault herself to offer an exploration of
beauty, image, and the notion of queerness through the lens of
Arsenault’s highly personal brand of performance art.
Illustrated  with 35 full colour photographs of the artist’s
transformation over the years and demonstrating her diversity of
personae, this volume contributes to a deepening of our understanding of
what it means to be a woman and what it means to be beautiful. Also
included in this volume is the full script of Arsenault’s critically
acclaimed stage play, /The Silicone Diaries./

Nina Arsenault will perform an excerpt from The Silicone Diaries.

June 1 <x-apple-data-detectors://0>
7 pm <x-apple-data-detectors://1>
Theatrebooks
11 Saint Thomas Street <x-apple-data-detectors://2/0>
Toronto <x-apple-data-detectors://2/0>
416-922-7175 <tel:416-922-7175>

TheatreBooks is located one block west of Bay St
<x-apple-data-detectors://3>. at 11 St. Thomas Street, just south of
Bloor St., across from the Windsor Arms Hotel. The store is equidistant
from the Bay Street subway station on the Bloor/Danforth line or the
Museum station on the Yonge/University line (two blocks west at Charles
St. and University Ave.).

--
Judith Rudakoff (Dr.)
Professor