Fw: [Directing] Job Posting at the University of San Diego

Lionel Walsh walsha at UWINDSOR.CA
Mon Oct 1 12:01:51 EDT 2012

Lionel Walsh, Associate Dean
Academic and Student Affairs
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences

Associate Professor, Acting Technique
School of Dramatic Art
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, ON
N9B  3P4  Canada
www.uwindsor.ca/drama
519/253-3000, ext. 2029
Fax: 519-971-3629
----- Forwarded by Lionel Walsh/University of Windsor on 2012-10-01 12:01
PM -----

From:   Monica Stufft <mostufft at sandiego.edu>
To:     "DirectingProgramList at athe.org" <DirectingProgramList at athe.org>,
Date:   2012-10-01 11:13 AM
Subject:        [Directing] Job Posting at the University of San Diego

Hello,

My apologies for cross-posting, but I am writing to share information
about a job opening:

UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO ? Associate Chair, Theatre Department and director
of the undergraduate program in Theatre Arts and Performance Studies.
Duties begin September 1, 2013. The ideal candidate will be eligible for
tenure upon appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. The
candidate must possess strong administrative and academic leadership
skills and experience for actively developing an undergraduate program in
theatre arts and performance studies.  Must have a Ph.D. or MFA in a
relevant field with successful record of undergraduate teaching,
professional experience in acting or directing, and a record of developing
and implementing curricula from a multicultural perspective. There is
potential for a qualified candidate to teach/direct in the Old Globe/USD
MFA Program. To apply, please go to http://apptrkr.com/280480 and register
as an applicant for job number IRC9023.Please send by December 1, 2012 a
letter of interest, curriculum vita and three letters of recommendation
to: Dr. Lisa Baird, Chair, Search Committee, Theatre Arts and Performance
Studies, University of San Diego, 5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA
92110-2492. Phone: (619)260-7934. Email:baird at sandiego.edu. USD, an
independent Catholic university, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to achieving diversity and inclusion in its faculty, students
and environment.  The position will remain open until filled.

The undergraduate program's mission: Our program frames theatre as a
holistic educational experience through integrated practical and
theoretical study. We offer broad-based theatre training in Performance,
Scenography, Theatre Production as well as Performance Studies. We
encourage students to explore the relationship of performance to social
and cultural practices both viscerally and intellectually. Through their
course of study at USD, a Theatre Arts and Performance Studies student
will learn to think critically, engage creatively, and collaborate
effectively. Theatre skills are life skills, leading to enhanced life
options and diversified employability.

Thank you,

Monica Stufft, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Theatre Department
Undergraduate Program in Theatre Arts and Performance Studies
University of San Diego
Office: Camino 180B
Phone: (619) 260-4273
Email: mostufft at sandiego.edu