Announcing New Title in the Routledge Advances in Theatre and Performance Studies Series

Magnat, Virginie virginie.magnat at UBC.CA
Sat Jun 22 03:42:03 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce the publication of my monograph
Grotowski, Women, and Contemporary Performance: Meetings with Remarkable Women
in the Routledge Advances in Theatre and Performance Studies series
(http://www.routledge.com/books/search/author/virginie_magnat/),
along with companion documentary films featured on the Routledge Performance Archive
(http://www.routledgeperformancearchive.com).

Situated at the intersection of performance studies, experimental ethnography,
and Indigenous research methodologies, this book explores the artistic journeys
and current creative practices of women from different cultures and generations
who share a direct connection to Grotowski's theatrical and post-theatrical
investigation of performance. These artists transmit through their teaching
what I define as an ecosystemic conception of organicity, and I argue that
their creative research supports an ecological understanding of performance,
in the broader sense of ecology articulated by Indigenous scholars.

The embodied research I conducted for this project, which entailed four years
of multi-sited fieldwork, was funded by two major grants from the Social Sciences
and Humanities Research Council of Canada.

I am attaching a promotional flyer with a 20% discount for online orders. Thank you
for forwarding this flyer to your colleagues and students interested in alternative
approaches to interdisciplinary research.

Have a great summer,
Virginie Magnat

Virginie Magnat, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Performance
Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
University of British Columbia's Okanagan Campus
CCS 368, 3333 University Way,
Kelowna, BC Canada V1V 1V7
Email: virginie.magnat at ubc.ca
Tel: 250-807-8441