Critically Kinaesthetic: Performing Bodies of Political Engagement, 3rd annual York University Theatre & Performance Studies Graduate Student Symposium

Zita Nyarady zita.nyarady at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 2 14:15:11 EDT 2014

Hello!

It is with great excitement that we invite you to Critically Kinaesthetic:
Performing Bodies of Political Engagement, 3rd annual York University
Theatre & Performance Studies Graduate Student Symposium on April 15th and
16th.

www.yutps.ca

The two day event begins Tuesday April 15th with *Embodying Geo-Politics* a
night of papers and performances (and refreshments) at the Heliconian Club
(35 Hazelton Ave).

On Wednesday, April 16th we are back at York University.
In collaboration with the Performance Studies (Canada) Speaker Series
we welcome
Erin Manning (http://erinmovement.com/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ferinmovement.com%2F&h=PAQH7hS9B&enc=AZNdcGOevy8-OdcdJRSlm0BpAQbI2Z5L_6E3Gujn9GpFXkE9xMxT7eXrlVPx24Qagv4&s=1>
) as our keynote speaker. Erin Manning will be delivering her keynote
address "Choreographing the Political." .

This interdisciplinary symposium examines the body as both expressive, and
generative, of political meaning. We have an exciting line up of papers,
performances and workshops by presenters from Toronto, across Canada and
internationally.

Symposium schedule, presentation descriptions and bios are available at
www.yutps.ca

All Critically Kinaesthetic events are free and open to the public. Please
forward this information to anyone you think might be interested in the
symposium. For more information contact info at yutps.ca

See you at the symposium!

The Crit. Kin. Symposium Team
(Zita Nyarady, Wiktor Kulinski, Mika Lior, Kymberley Feltham, Kallee Lins)

"Critically Kinaesthetic: Performing bodies of political engagement"

2014 York University Theatre & Performance Studies Graduate Student
Symposium
in collaboration with the Graduate Programs in Dance and Dance Studies

www.yutps.ca
info at yutps.ca