Graduate Programs in Theatre and Performance UofT

Yana Meerzon Yana.Meerzon at UOTTAWA.CA
Sat Feb 1 10:56:14 EST 2014

Dear Jay,
In Ottawa, we do have a mechanism in place that allows us to recognize peoples' professional experience when it comes to the MFA programs. We go case by case, but in general we can accept someone into our MFA in Directing program with substantial years of professional experience.
I hope this helps,
Yana

Yana Meerzon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Theatre, University of Ottawa
135 Séraphin-Marion, Room 304B
Ottawa ON Canada, K1N 6N5
Telephone: 613 562-5800, ext. 2243
E-mail: ymeerzon at uOttawa.ca<mailto:ymeerzon at uOttawa.ca>
________________________________
From: Canadian Theatre Research [CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA] on behalf of Whitehead, Jay [jay.whitehead2 at ULETH.CA]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 4:29 PM
To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Subject: Re: Graduate Programs in Theatre and Performance UofT

Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to gather information from other university theatre departments offering MFA's regarding any policy or precedent for admitting students into MFA programs without an undergraduate degree but a vast wealth of professional experience and creative activity.   I know York University, for example will accept students without undergraduate degrees based on experience, portfolio and audition.

I would appreciate if people could provide the practices of their institutions on this topic.

Thanks.
Jay