Fw: Edinburgh Festival 2014

Lionel Walsh walsha at UWINDSOR.CA
Thu Jan 23 13:25:39 EST 2014

Hello All: this one is selfish. I am teaching in the Classroom at the
Fringe.  Hope you will make your students aware.  No tests or exams as it
is non-credit.
Lionel

Lionel Walsh, Associate Dean
Academic and Student Affairs
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, ON
N9B  3P4  Canada
www.uwindsor.ca/fahss
519/253-3000, ext. 2029

Associate Professor
School of Dramatic Art
519-253-3000, ext. 2820
Fax: 519-971-3629
www.uwindsor.ca/drama
----- Forwarded by Lionel Walsh/walsha/University of Windsor on 2014-01-23
01:25 PM -----

From:   Select Travel Study <travelstudy at selecttravel.com>
To:     walsha at uwindsor.ca,
Date:   2014-01-23 12:27 PM
Subject:        Edinburgh Festival 2014

Faculty-Led Short Term Theatre Study News
Theatre & Dance Edition

February 2014

Contact Us
Select Travel Study
US Office
West 115 Century Road Suite330
Paramus NJ 07652
T: 800.752.6787
E: travelstudy at selecttravel.com
www.selecttravelstudy.com

European Head Office
160 High Street
Huntingdon, Cambs
United Kingdom
T: +44 1480 455850
Offices: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Rome, Madrid, Kiev and Odessa.

REQUEST A PROPOSAL

Custom short term faculty-led theatre tours

 A belated Happy New Year from us all.  We hope your Spring Semester is
off to a flying start.  Please remind your students that registration for
our unique non performing program to the 2014 Edinburgh Fringe is now open
.  See below for further details.

Edinburgh Fringe Classroom

Please remind your students that Registration for the Edinburgh Classroom
@ The Fringe is open and still has places available.

Full information and online registration is available at the Classroom
website.  An attractive looking poster is also in the mail to you.  We
would be very grateful if you would post it somewhere prominent for your
students to see.

This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for students of theatre,
mediat and journalist.  Check out the full website for details
www.edinburghclassroom.com

Young Vic New Play

The Young Vic Theatre has announced the cast for A View from the Bridge
and a new play, The Events, to be performed at the Maria studio.

Arthur Miller's A View from the Bridge will star Mark Strong (Eddie
Carbone), Nicola Walker (Beatrice), Michael Gould (Alfieri), Emun Elliott,
Phoebe Fox, Richard Hansell, Luke Norris and Jonah Russell. The production
runs from 4 Apr to a new extended date of 7 June 2014.

Directed by Ivo van Hove, with design and lighting by Jan Versweyveld and
costume by An d'Huys. Eddie Carbone is the tragic hero in the run of
everyday life: the man who betrays his principles and the trust of those
around him to pursue an obsessive desire. Mark Strong returns to the stage
following his Olivier Award nominated performance in Sam Mendes'
production of Twelfth Night at the Donmar in 2002. Nicola Walker's stage
credits include The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, for
which she won an Olivier Award, Season's Greetings, Gethsemane, Tales from
the Vienna Woods and Edmond.

A new play by David Greig, The Events, will run at the Maria Studio from
10 July to 2 Aug 2014. Directed by Ramin Gray, designed by Chloe Lamford,
lighting by Charles Balfour and sound by Alex Caplen. The producers are
the Actors Touring Company, Young Vic, Brageteatret & Schauspielhaus Wien.
The play explores the impact of a harrowing politically motivated crime on
a small community and asks how far forgiveness can stretch in the face of
brutality.

Are we the right partner for you?

Click for Online Brochure

Select Travel Study is the doyen of short term and faculty-led programs to
Europe and Russia.  Our own offices located in the UK, continental Europe
and Russia are unrivalled in terms of both scope and depth of expertise.
Our US office supports the faculty and study abroad offices with
comprehensive planning services.

We work hand in glove with faculty and study abroad to create a truly
bespoke short study program which meets your academic objectives within
your budget and time constraints.  Most important of all, your faculty
remains in total control of every aspect of the trip throughout the design
and implementation process.

We only offer services to the UK, Europe and Russia.  Why?  Because we
work only in regions where Select Travel has its own physical presence.
This allows us to offer you genuine local expertise, total quality control
and ultimately the very best value for money.  We do not work with "local
partners" or representative offices. Instead we choose to be true experts
in a limited geography and thus bring you all that is exceptional in the
UK, Europe and Russia.

We invite you to visit our website for complete information.

We bring you local European expertise with the reassurance and
accessibility of two corporate offices in the USA.
 Over 78 years of experience in the theatre and educational international
tour arena.
 You work directly with the experts and achieve significant cost savings.
Our European contacts, creative programming and personal service are
essential to the success of every study tour we operate.
We make your life easy. All you have to do is collaborate with us to
approve the tour and academic programming and then promote the program on
campus. We do the rest.  If you prefer a greater degree of control, that's
fine too.  This is your trip, and we are in business to serve your
institution in a manner which best suits you.
Of course all faculty travel free of charge.

Call: 800.752.6787  or Email Us

© 2014 Select Travel Services. All Rights Reserved.

Forward this email

This email was sent to walsha at uwindsor.ca by travelstudy at selecttravel.com

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ |
Privacy Policy.
Select Travel Study | Great Britain | Western Europe | Eastern Europe |
Russia | NJ | 07652