Staging poetry

Day, Moira moira.day at USASK.CA
Fri Nov 28 13:31:55 EST 2014

Not recent, but the poetry of Sarah Binks "the sweet songstress of Saskatchewan" (alias Paul Hiebert) was turned into a very funny one person-show "The Wonderful World of Sarah Binks" starring Eric Donkin as Rosalaind Drool. This would have been in the 1970s.

Moira
From: Canadian Theatre Research [CANDRAMA at listserv.unb.ca] on behalf of David Ferry [appledor at SYMPATICO.CA]
Sent: November 27, 2014 8:04 PM
To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Subject: Re: Staging poetry

Howl! (Ginsberg) with Ted Dykstra for Art of Time
Alligator Pie (Dennis Lee adaped by Mike Ross and Creation Ensemble) for Soulpepper Theatre
Spoon River Anthology ( same team) at Soulpepper
There have also been some poetry presentations over the years at Stratford...Douglas Campbell did a William Blake piece
Leon Pownell a Dylan Thomas piece
And Shakespeare stuff of course (sonnets etc)
And Lucy Peacock has done something recently
Roy Lewis has done some cabaret perfs of his own poetry there (his Haiku series)

David Ferry/Appledore Productions
74 Ivy  Ave
Toronto, ON M4L 2H7
416 433 5826
appledor at Sympatico.ca<mailto:appledor at Sympatico.ca>