Staging poetry

Susan Knutson Susan.Knutson at USAINTEANNE.CA
Sun Nov 30 06:59:29 EST 2014

Hi Conrad,

Evangéline, directed by Normand Godin, is a dramatization of H.W.
Longfellow's poem Evangeline.  The musical drama was performed for
eleven seasons in French and in English, by Les Araignées du
boui-boui, in Clare, Nova Scotia. It was a semi-professional,
prize-winning, community production.

Susan

Quoting Conrad Alexandrowicz <conrada at uvic.ca>:

> I am currently revising an article for publication that essentially
> reflects upon my recent SSHRC-funded project staging selections from
> the published poetry of Lorna Crozier and Erín Moure. This resulted
> in the creation of a number of staged works.
>
> When I began this work I did a quick survey of recent work of this
> kind in Canada, and came up with very little in the professional
> theatre, apart from a couple of notable and inspiring examples: The
> Four Horsemen Project, by Volcano Theatre, and Doing Leonard Cohen,
> by One Yellow Rabbit.
>
> I know that some work of this kind has been going on in the academy,
> but I'd like to gather some real evidence here.
>
> Does anyone have anything to share in this regard? A project in
> which you have been involved, or which you know about?
>
> I would very much appreciate hearing from you!
>
> Warm regards,
> --
> Conrad Alexandrowicz, Associate Professor
> Movement, Acting and Devised Physical Theatre
> Department of Theatre
> University of Victoria
>
> Cell: 250.580.5524
> Office: 250.853.3727

Susan Knutson, PhD
Professor, Département des études anglaises
Université Sainte-Anne
Church Point, NS B0W 1M0
(902) 769-2114 ext 7151

"Aimer son projet, le répéter, le fondre en soi, le citer avait un
jour dit Claire Dérive au bord de la mer."    Nicole Brossard, Picture
Theory.