The Dumbells and Norman Fraser Allan

Lee Ramsay lramsay at TORONTOPUBLICLIBRARY.CA
Thu Oct 23 17:40:11 EDT 2014

The archive of the Dumbells troupe is held at the Toronto Reference Library and there are over 20 pieces of sheet music by Norman Fraser Allan in our Canadian Sheet Music collection.  Here is the link to the archival inventory for the Dumbells Collection:

http://torontopubliclibrary.typepad.com/files/dumbells-collection.pdf

For more information contact the Special Collections department at trlspc at torontopubliclibrary.ca<mailto:trlspc at torontopubliclibrary.ca>

Lee Ramsay
Librarian, Arts Department
Toronto Reference Library
789 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4W 2G8
(416) 393-7172
lramsay at torontopubliclibrary.ca<mailto:lramsay at torontopubliclibrary.ca>

________________________________
From: Canadian Theatre Research [CANDRAMA at listserv.unb.ca] On Behalf Of Theatre Research in Canada [tric.rtac at UTORONTO.CA]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:35 PM
To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Subject: The Dumbells and Norman Fraser Allan

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to you on behalf of Stephanie Hall, who contacted the TRIC/RTAC office regarding an article she had read in TRIC by Patrick B. O'Neill about the Dumbells.  Stephanie's grandfather, Norman Fraser Allan, was a member of the Dumbells, and Stephanie is now searching for any information, photos, sheet music, or other material pertaining to this group or to her grandfather specifically.

If anyone has come across any information about the Dumbells or Norman Fraser Allan over the course of their research, Stephanie would be grateful to hear from you.  She can be reached at stephhall3 at gmail.com<mailto:stephhall3 at gmail.com>.  Alternatively, if you'd prefer to forward information to us at the TRIC office, we'd be glad to pass it on to her.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Sincerely,
Kelsy Vivash
Senior Editorial Assistant, TRIC/RTAC