New Dramaturgy Book

Judith Rudakoff rudakoff at YORKU.CA
Tue Mar 17 11:14:50 EDT 2015

*Dramaturging Personal Narratives: Who am I and Where is Here?*

*Author: Judith Rudakoff*

*2015*

In Europe from Intellect Books
In North America from University of Chicago Press, amazon.com, amazon.ca

*Intellect Books*

*
*

How do people identify, locate, or express home? This complex question
is grappled with by displaced, exiled, colonized, Othered or
disenfranchised people the world over.

/Dramaturging Personal Narratives: Who am I and Where is Here?/ explores
the relationship between personal and cultural identity by investigating
how people perceive and creatively express self, home, and homeland,
through explaining and applying innovative dramaturgical processes for
generating creative work as developed by Judith Rudakoff.

A variety of artistic projects offer examples that emanate from a
diversity of participants including professional artists, students, and
community members who reside or were born in North America, the
Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa.

/Dramaturging Personal Narratives: Who am I and Where is Here? /is
written in clear and accessible language and is intended to//appeal to
as broad a constituency as possible, including professional and
community based artists who work in a wide variety of genres, scholars
from creative fields, and both students and teachers at all levels of
education who are interested in learning more about generating,
developing, and disseminating artistic work inspired by personal
narratives. Throughout, photographs and links to a complementary website
offer enriched support.

*Author Bio*

Dr. Judith Rudakoff has worked as a dramaturg with emerging and
established playwrights throughout Canada, and internationally for three
decades. She is the co-author (with Lynn M. Thomson) of /Between the
the editor of /TRANS(per)FORMING Nina Arsenault: An Unreasonable Body of
Work/ (Intellect, 2012). A member of Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of
the Americas, and Playwrights Guild of Canada, she is a Professor of
Theatre at York University in Toronto, Canada.

--
Judith Rudakoff (Dr.)
Professor