History of first courses in Canadian Drama

Jenn Stephenson jenn.stephenson at QUEENSU.CA
Fri Feb 26 11:51:47 EST 2016

(I am forwarding this post to the list at Aida’s request … Aida’s original message got bounced from the list for some reason.)

Good morning Jenn, Moira, and colleagues,
I too am very inspired by this, our history, and have been copying it all into a Word doc so I don't lose it. It would be great to have it published somewhere.
In my high school drama program we embraced the Canadian plays of the 70s most eagerly -- my fondest memories, and what made me choose a theatre career, was seeing Handcuffs at the Tarragon and staging The Ecstasy of Rita Joe in our Grade 13 drama class. Heady and hopeful days.
Aida

---
Aida Jordão, PhD
Alumna, Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies, University of Toronto
Contract Faculty, York University
Jenn Stephenson
Associate Professor & Undergraduate Chair
School of Drama and Music
Queen’s University

Editor, Canadian Theatre Review

Phone | (613) 533-6000 x78597