History of the first courses in Canadian Drama

Louise Forsyth louise.forsyth at SHAW.CA
Fri Feb 26 12:03:08 EST 2016

Hi to all,

It was in these same years that Ann and Richard took the extraordinary initiative of bringing us together, proposing the creation of our theatre history association and creating the journal. It would be so fine to hear from them regarding what they saw going on at the time.

Louise

From: Canadian Theatre Research [mailto:CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA] On Behalf Of Jenn Stephenson
Sent: vendredi 26 février 2016 06:23
To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Subject: History of the first courses in Canadian Drama

Hi Moira et al.,

I wanted to chime in to agree with Martin Julien to say how much I am enjoying this thread. I love the grassroots history emerging here. It even sparked a hallway conversation here at Queen’s about when in the 1960s Fred Euringer taught our first courses and what might have been on the syllabus. If you, Moira, or anyone else who is involved wants to compile this discussion into a short piece — nothing too formal needed — I would be happy to publish it on the CATR website.

Best,

Jenn

Jenn Stephenson
Associate Professor & Undergraduate Chair

School of Drama and Music

Queen’s University

Editor, Canadian Theatre Review

Phone | (613) 533-6000 x78597