Register Now: The Other "D": Locating 'D'ance in Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies A Two Day Symposium / January 22-23

Rebecca Biason rebecca.biason at UTORONTO.CA
Thu Jan 7 14:42:02 EST 2016

THE OTHER “D”: LOCATING ‘D’ANCE IN DRAMA, THEATRE AND PERFORMANCE STUDIES IN CANADA
January  22-23, 2016

Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies
Robert Gill Theatre

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

…at once an advocacy and gesture towards strengthening scholarly communities and broadening interaction between dance, drama, theatre, performance studies and beyond.

This two day symposium was developed in response to the seclusion many dance-focused scholars experience while pursuing graduate studies.
The symposium hopes to build productive and positive exchanges between and within dance, theatre, and performance studies. We want to raise awareness about the scope of dance studies and of dance-based research happening across and/or about Canada.

We invite you to attend a series of guest lectures, paper, poster, and lecture demonstrations, performances, and an archival exhibit by Dance Collection Danse, that focuses on the very issues mentioned above.

Day time events are free, but we ask that you register http://theotherd.evenbrite.ca
The Friday Evening Performance Series is Pay-What-You-Can

All events will take place in the Robert Gill Theatre, located at 214 College Street, 3rd Floor (Please use the St. George Entrance)

Check out our Schedule of Events for more details, and don’t forget to visit our Facebook Page!

Follow us @DancetheotherD  and @CentreforDrama