[Candrama] MA in Theatre Studies, University of Guelph

Alan D Filewod afilewod at uoguelph.ca
Wed Nov 30 09:39:00 EST 2016

MA in Theatre Studies, University of Guelph

Dear colleagues

 The University of Guelph's School of English and Theatre Studies is accepting applications for in Theatre. As well as providing intensive scholarly training for recent graduates, this program allows theatre practitioners to acquire an advanced academic credential to go along with their professional experience. Over the years, playwrights, directors, actors, and designers are among those who have undertaken our MA. The one-year program of study features not only scholarly courses in theatre historiography and theatre theory, but also courses that combine scholarship and practice in theatre devising, performance and difference, and bodies on stage. Over the summer students have the opportunity to undertake a project of their own, which can be creative, scholarly, or a combination of creativity and scholarship, with an individual faculty member. We offer a competitive funding package comprising teaching assistantship and scholarship.

Theatre Studies faculty include:
Alan Filewod
Pat Flood
Mark Fortier