[Candrama] Nightswimming launches Pure Research site...

Brian Quirt bquirt at rogers.com
Thu Sep 15 08:31:28 EDT 2016

Nightswimming is launching our Pure Research online archive. Experience our new website at pureresearch.ca
Our Pure Research archives are full of documents, photographs, interviews with the researchers and much more. The program offers artists the space to research an idea, a desire, a device, a technology, and/or methodology they couldn't otherwise explore. The results of all 24 sessions are now presented on this new site, providing access to performance research by some of Canada's leading theatre artists, including Mary Walsh and Lois Brown from Newfoundland, Vancouver's Maiko Bae Yamamoto and James Long and Kate Henning and Camellia Koo from Toronto.

The Pure Research workshop was a landmark: its insights and discoveries flowed back into my critical thinking and practical work, and has been passed on to many artists, interns and workshop participants. – Ruth Howard, PR participant

As we launch this new website, Artistic Director Brian Quirt is travelling to Iceland to be part of the Performing Arts Relay with companies from Denmark, Iceland and Norway. Led by Laboratoriet, an independent Danish centre for practical artistic research in performing arts, the Relay is a series of labs to be held in each country exploring new approaches to theatrical research, exchange and collaboration.

pureresearch.ca was created with funding from the George Cedric Metcalf Foundation's Creative Strategies Incubator.

Cheers,

Brian