[Candrama] Association of Canadian Archivists' Call for Papers

Kathryn Harvey kaharvey at uoguelph.ca
Thu Sep 15 13:09:36 EDT 2016

Colleagues,

As President and President Elect of the Association of Canadian
Archivists (ACA), we warmly invite you to consider submitting
presentation proposals for our annual conference, which will be held in
Ottawa June 8-10, 2017 at the Marriott Hotel (100 Kent Street). The ACA
is Canada’s national association of archivists, information
professionals, and archival institutions. Archivists and archival
institutions strive to ensure that Canada’s documentary heritage is
acquired, preserved and made accessible for all Canadians to learn about
our past for the benefit of the future. The community of archivists in
Canada is seeking new voices and views from other professional arenas to
help shape the future of the archival profession.

The theme for the 2017 ACA Conference is “Archives, Disrupted”; it will
explore how archivists and archival institutions progress, change, and
persevere in response to disruptive forces which may arise from outside
or from within.  Conference sessions will discuss how the archival
endeavour can emerge strengthened from the effects of disruptive forces
and define a new path that is relevant and valuable to archival
professionals, institutions, users and stakeholders.  We welcome
presentation proposals from allied professions in the many fields such as:

·           digital humanities
·           digital forensics
·           computer science
·           big data
·           information security
·           open access
·           library science
·           public policy
·           information governance
·           public history
·           Canadian history
·           Theatre
·           Creative arts
·           Digital arts
·           Literary arts

Should you have questions about the conference and the submissions
process please visit our website at
http://archivists.ca/content/annual-conference. Our Programme Team is at
your disposal should you wish to discuss further.  April Miller is the
Programme Team Chair: archivist_april at yahoo.com

We hope to hear from you, and please forward this message to others that
you think may be interested.

Sincerely,
Kathryn Harvey
President, Association of Canadian Archivists

Luciana Duranti
President-Elect, Association of Canadian Archivists

--
Kathryn Harvey
Head, Archival and Special Collections (On leave until Fall 2016)

519-824-4120, ext. 52089 (w)
on Twitter @HarveyKathryn
http://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/find/find-type-resource/archival-special-collections