[Candrama] Fwd: Graduate Programs in Drama - University of Alberta

Piet Defraeye defraeye at ualberta.ca
Tue Jan 9 14:48:28 EST 2018

The Department of Drama, University of Alberta is currently accepting
applications for the *2017-18 *academic year for *FIVE* graduate programs:

The deadline for applications is *February 2 2018.*

- Doctoral Studies:* PhD in Performance Studies*

- Master of Arts* (MA* - *COURSE* based and *THESIS* based) (Extended
deadline for applications: February 2, 2018)

- Master of Fine Arts *(MFA) Directing*

- Master of Fine Arts (*MFA) Theatre Design *

- Master of Fine Arts *(MFA) Theatre Practice *

(We are not  accepting applications for the MFA in Theatre Voice Pedagogy
for 2018)

For more information about the programs and application requirements,
please visit the Graduate Studies website: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/drama
/graduate-programs

Our department features live performance as the site of interaction and
integration of all aspects of the discipline of theatre; all graduate
students participate in this culture. A lively interplay between programs
enriches the student experience beyond the scope of any one program.

Graduate students in all six areas interact with faculty scholars,
directors, designers, and dramaturges as well as visiting scholars,
professionals and distinguished guests from all areas of the discipline.
While we try to provide generous funding, we do encourage  all applicants
to pursue funding independently.

Each program is highly specialized and discipline-specific, and features a
distinct curriculum.

Why the University of Alberta?

   - features first-rate professional and research facilities, with an
   excellent library collection re. theatre studies and access to performance
   labs.
   - ranked among the finest theatre schools in the country
   - Drama Department funding often exceeds norms across Canada
   - small enrollment ensures an intensive graduate experience
   - responsive to the changing Canadian theatre scene and adapts to the
   demands of current professional theatre practice and criticism
   - Edmonton is a vibrant metropolis and boasts more theatre organizations
   per capita than any other city in Canada

For more information please visit  https://uofa.ualberta.ca/drama
or e-mail: Liz Ludwig, Graduate Advisor: <eludwig at ualberta.ca>

Piet Defraeye

--