[Candrama] A question re.: inter-collegiate touring

Paul Babiak paul.babiak at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 10 14:44:01 EST 2018

Happy New Year to all!

Can anybody tell me whether there's any such thing as an inter-collegiate/inter-university theatre circuit? It seems to me that, once upon a very long time ago (when I was an undergraduate at Trinity College), a British theatre group from Oxford or Cambridge came to the George Ignatieff Theatre at U of T with a production of Aristophanes' The Wasps that was on a tour of Canadian university theatres.  I'm supposing that there may have been some sort of network of university theatre societies that made such a tour possible.

A friend of mine in Britain has got such a project.  This year is Spike Milligan's hundredth birthday, so he and a second performer have pulled together a two-hander that they would like to take on the road, and he's asked me if there's any possibility of bringing it to Canadian universities, and whether there's any organization that would be in a position to facilitate such a tour. Does anybody know the answer to this question?

Cheers, Paul