[Candrama] REMINDER: session on "the social media commons" at CATR!

Kim Solga ksolga at uwo.ca
Fri May 25 12:34:27 EDT 2018

Hi friends!

A reminder about this session: a valuable chance to talk about the ever-evolving digital landscapes in which we teach, and to share strategies for managing conversations across a range of platforms. PLEASE NOTE THE RSVP BIT AT THE BOTTOM: space is limited, so you need to sign up if you want to come along!

See you in Kingston,
Kim

The Social Media Commons: The Performative Afterlife of the Liberal Theory We Teach
This social gathering invites instructors and graduate students in theatre, dance, and performance studies for a conversation about how social media is changing the boundaries of our teaching and learning environments. Social media has become a vital platform for students to perform their artistic identities or activism online, to document their work, or extend discussion and debate beyond the classroom. It has also become a stage for clicktivism, cyber-bullying, surveillance, and reciprocal policing. How is the liberal theory we teach shaping individual and group performances in a social media commons? How is social media changing the way our students think about, stage, document, circulate, and archive their work in theatre and performance studies? How is social media extending or redefining the borders of the theatre and performance studies classroom? How can we best use social media as a teaching tool that gears our students to collective liberation while holding one another accountable to building a more just world?

Join us in the Dockview Room at Aquaterra: Aquaterra is in the Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel. When approaching on foot, walk down Johnson Street towards the water. Go through the parking garage, and the main doors will be visible

 To join the conversation, simply RSVP to catr2018reserve at gmail.com<mailto:catr2018reserve at gmail.com>