[Candrama] Apply to the University of Guelph MA in Theatre Studies/PhD in Literary and Theatre Studies

Kimberley McLeod kimberley.mcleod at uoguelph.ca
Fri Dec 13 12:06:18 EST 2019

Hi all - Please forward to any interested students. Thanks!

The University of Guelph, situated in an artistically vibrant, affordable, and highly livable Ontario community, welcomes applications to its Master of Arts in Theatre Studies. Suitable to both recent undergraduates seeking to further their academic and professional education and established theatre professionals looking for new career opportunities and fresh perspectives on theatre, performance,  media, and drama, the Guelph Masters degree combines a scholarly and theoretical perspective with the opportunity for practical application and practice-based research. We offer courses in Theory, Theatre Historiography, Devising, Gender, Space, and the Body. The program has a longstanding interest in social justice. There are also interdisciplinary courses in Improvisation as well as a focus on innovative performance practices and mediated spaces. Information on faculty members can be found here: https://www.uoguelph.ca/arts/sets/people. Funding is available by way of teaching assistantships, entrance awards, grants, and scholarships. Guaranteed funding packages start from $23,776.  We also offer a PhD in Literary and Theatre Studies for those who already have an MA or wish to take their education further at the completion of the MA program. For information on what we have to offer and how to submit an application, please contact the Graduate Program Assistant at petriko at uoguelph.ca<mailto:petriko at uoguelph.ca>. Our applications are open to January 30, 2020; after that date applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

--
Kimberley McLeod | Assistant Professor
University of Guelph