[Candrama] equity assessments of Theatre and Performance programs?

Jennifer Roberts-Smith jennifer.roberts-smith at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 6 15:06:40 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues -

I’m writing on behalf of the Theatre and Performance program at the University of Waterloo to ask whether you have experience conducting equity assessments in your programs. We’re looking both for reflections on the assessment process (how did you do it? what was useful? what wasn’t?) and also for your findings if you are comfortable sharing them. Our immediate goal is to conduct an assessment of our own, but if there were a critical mass of folks interested, we might also think about taking the conversation up in some broader way.

If you have insights you’d be willing to share, could you please contact me off-list at jennifer.roberts-smith at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:jennifer.roberts-smith at uwaterloo.ca> ?

Many thanks - and wishing everyone good health —

Jennifer

Dr. Jennifer Roberts-Smith
Associate Professor and Associate Chair, Theatre and Performance
Department of Communication Arts
University of Waterloo
office: ML 119C, EC1 1253

pronouns: she/her

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.