[Candrama] REMINDER: THE S WORD: STANISLAVSKY AND DISABILITY WEBINAR

Paul Fryer paul at paulfryer.me.uk
Thu Feb 4 11:57:18 EST 2021

*THE S WORD: STANISLAVSKY AND DISABILITY *

**

The third in our new series of webinars brought to you by the
Stanislavsky Research Centre
<https://stanislavsky-research.leeds.ac.uk/>, co-hosted by the School of
Performing Arts of the University of Malta
<https://www.um.edu.mt/performingarts>and the School of Performance and
Cultural Industries of the University of Leeds
<https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/performance>.

*Date:*

18 February, 18:00 (GMT – London)

*Registration:*

https://universityofmalta.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_md_GOgQrSHiZQ7dw7u-2aQ
<https://universityofmalta.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_md_GOgQrSHiZQ7dw7u-2aQ>

*Speakers:*

*Ann Stocking, Member of SAG AFTRA and Actors Equity Association*

Would Stanislavsky have trained a person with a disability? Prejudice
and ableism in modern actor training

*Bella Merlin, **Department of Theatre, Film and Digital Production,
University of California, Riverside*

‘Throwing my money in the fire’: Addressing unconscious bias in
psychophysical actor training

*Daron Oram, **The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama***

Psychological, psychophysical, and physical: Neurodivergent translations
and Stanislavski

*Kaite O’Reilly, Independent **playwright and dramaturg***

Un/Conscious bias and the atypical actor’s body

*Kathy Dacre, Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance UK*

Stanislavsky and accessible performance

*Session moderated by:*

Stefan Aquilina, Director, School of Performing Arts, University of Malta

The webinar will open with *the launch of a new website featuring
Stanislavsky research material*, with contributions from Anatoly
Smeliansky, Maria Shevtsova, Jean Benedetti, Sharon Carnicke, Bella
Merlin, Sergei Tcherkasski, John Gillett, Jonathan Pitches, David
Shirley, and Michael Craig among others.

For more information email stefan.aquilina at um.edu.mt
<mailto:stefan.aquilina at um.edu.mt>.