[Candrama] Call for Participants

Lisa Aikman laikman at uwo.ca
Sat Feb 6 19:33:27 EST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The Pandemic Pedagogy Pop-Up invites expressions of interest from anyone who (a) tried a new teaching or assessment strategy this year out of necessity and (b) plans on continuing to use that strategy regardless of whether they are teaching in-person or online. Did you come up with a creative new final assessment because online exam proctoring proved unfeasible, only to find that your new assessment pushed your students to excel? Were you inspired to integrate mindfulness or self-care practices into your classroom that you plan on carrying with you into your post-pandemic teaching? Did you get so good at recording brief lecture videos that they’ll appear on your next several syllabi? Your colleagues want to hear about it! Submit a brief (250-500 word) reflection describing your teaching strategy and why you recommend it to laikman at uwo.ca<mailto:laikman at uwo.ca> no later than midnight (EST) February 15th.
Selected panelists will prepare presentations of no more than 5 minutes to be presented at the CATR conference. Each panelist will then “chair” their own breakout room for 3 rounds of discussion with a rotating group of attendants. Our Pop-Up will conclude with time to reflect as a group on themes emerging from our smaller group discussions.
Please feel free to share this call widely, and to contact me with any questions.

-Lisa Aikman
Lisa Aikman, PhD (she/her)
Educational Developer (TA Programs)
Centre for Teaching and Learning