[Candrama] impel Theatre present An Acorn by Caridad Svich On Demand through April 3

Kendra Jones kendra at impelartists.com
Sat Mar 20 13:42:11 EDT 2021

Hello everyone!

Toronto-based impel Theatre present a remote digital performance of OBIE award-winner Caridad Svich’s An Acorn available On Demand through April 3 - details below.

We are also hosting a free online discussion of digital theatre practice on March 26th at 7:30pm EST - signup available here - http://www.kendrajones.net/impel-theatre <http://www.kendrajones.net/impel-theatre>

Best,
Kendra
_______

impel Theatre presents. . .
An Acorn by Caridad Svich
A live remote digital performance

Directed by Kendra Jones

“it seemed as if a certain part of the world changed forever”

Featuring Blythe Haynes & Ray Strachan*
Sound Design by John Norman
With guests Ntara Curry, Patricia Darbasie, Kelli Fox, and Josh Johnston

We continue to be isolated, 1 year on from the initial lockdowns. While vaccine rollouts mean that some semblance of “normal” life will return, the experience of this isolation, fear, and upheaval will linger with us. We have learned in this time about our fellow humans, and while there have been moments of hope, the divide between factions feels to have grown into a chasm. Will we ever reconnect? Or has the awareness of these differences changed us forever?

Join us digital performance, with an interactive twist. Two actors will be cast and appear both nights, rehearsed. Each night, two more actors will receive the script and some specific instructions an hour before the performance, and will perform their cold read. You won’t know which of our guest performers is there until the day of. And you, the audience, will also receive your instructions day-of, for how to curate your space and how you can interact.

Tickets are PWYC, $15 minimum donation. If you are watching with more than 1 person in your household, please consider this in your donation.

To order tickets visit http://www.kendrajones.net/impel-theatre <http://www.kendrajones.net/impel-theatre>

Questions? Email tickets at impeltheatre.com
Follow @forest_acorn on Instagram now, and leading up to viewing the performance.

* “The participation of this Artist is arranged by permission of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association
under the provisions of the Dance Opera Theatre Policy (DOT).”