[Candrama] Seeking a sessional instructor to teach acting practicums and direct the fall 2021 production, School of Creative Arts, UFV.

Parjad Sharifi Parjad.Sharifi at ufv.ca
Mon May 17 13:16:17 EDT 2021

Theatre, School of Creative Arts
College of Arts, UFV

Job Number:J0521-0754
Status:Sessional
Contract Term:Sessional
Open Positions:1
Salary Scale:Sessional Scale

Job Summary

The Theatre program is seeking a sessional instructor to teach THEA 290 (Acting Practicum) and
THEA291(Acting in a Complex Role), and direct the fall 2021 Theatre department production.
In directing the Theatre department production, the instructor supervises all acting students and works in collaboration with the production coordinator, production staff, and students enrolled in technical theatre practicum sections. The instructor must attend all staff meetings, production meetings, cueing sessions, technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and strike. Rehearsals are scheduled four times a week (typically, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays 5:30-8:30pm, and Saturdays 10am-3pm). Typically, outside of technical and performance calls, all meetings involving the student crew are scheduled between 1-5:30pm on Tuesdays and Fridays. The instructor is also expected to be available outside of these times, as required by the production schedule.

The department is seeking candidates with a record of teaching excellence at the post-secondary level; the ability to direct a production and teach acting skills to diverse students with varying levels of theatrical experience; excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills; and relevant applied or professional experience. The successful candidate will have a relevant terminal degree or an equivalent combination of professional experience and education.

The Fall 2021 Theatre department production will be a full-production, consisting of a selection of plays from the Climate Change Theatre Action 2021 plays. The director may choose their play selection, with at least one required to be written by a Canadian playwright, and with a suggestion to choose plays across a variety of genre and style. The format of the production [face-to-face, online, or a hybrid] will be finalized by the start of term, in response to immediate COVID-related safety protocols. An instructor with online teaching experience and an openness to working flexibly is an asset.

Qualifications

The department is seeking candidates with a record of teaching excellence at the post-secondary level; the ability to direct a production and teach acting skills to diverse students with varying levels of theatrical experience; excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills; and relevant applied or professional experience. The successful candidate will have a relevant terminal degree or an equivalent combination of professional experience and education.

Please submit a letter of application, c/v or resume, previous evaluations of courses taught, and any  additional materials highlighting your previous work in theatre directing (as weblinks of pdf portfolio).

Application Details

Please submit a letter of application, c/v or resume, previous evaluations of courses taught, and any  additional materials highlighting your previous work in theatre directing (as weblinks of pdf portfolio).

Direct all application materials referring to Posting #J0521-0754. The Selection Advisory Committee will begin reviewing applications on June 03, 2021; however, the position will remain open until filled.

About UFV

The University of the Fraser Valley is located on the unceded (ancestral) territory of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. We express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in S’olh Temexw (Our World; Our Land). In all that we do, UFV strives to support and honour the Stó:lo peoples goals of self-determination and well-being on these lands. A commitment to Indigenization and Reconciliation is core to our institutional Vision and our Education Plan. This commitment includes the goal of centring Indigenous ways of knowing throughout our organization, recognizing our responsibilities to community, and a multi-year plan to increase the number of Indigenous faculty, staff, and administrators working at UFV.

UFV has four campus locations within the beautiful Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Recognized as one of BC's top employers, UFV offers a combination of career and lifestyle benefits. Join a team of 1,400 passionate professionals who value integrity, inclusivity and excellence. At UFV, you will serve a vibrant community, and shape the future of 15,000 students.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment. Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check and/ or a verification of their education credentials.

UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employmen

https://ufv.njoyn.com/CL3/xweb/Xweb.asp?tbtoken=YlFcQBIXCG93awRwN1EiCFY%2FBRFEcFYvA0gjVVh5ExcrK0oaW0EZemt1cgkbURNTTXQqWA%3D%3D&chk=ZVpaShw%3D&CLID=56144&page=jobdetails&JobID=J0521-0754&lang=1