[Candrama] Angela Rebeiro

Ric Knowles rknowles at uoguelph.ca
Mon Apr 22 13:56:34 EDT 2024

I'm so sorry to hear just now about the passing of the great Angela Rebeiro, who did more for theatre and theatre studies than most folks have any idea about. I had the privilege of serving on the board of Playwrights Canada Press with her over many years, of working with her on the establishment of the Press as independent from the  Guild, of enjoying her wicked sense of humour and her unwavering commitment, not just to the publication of Canadian plays, but to the full range of theatrical experience deriving from and serving the diverse communities that constitute Canadian culture. I will miss her.

Ric Knowles<https://www.uoguelph.ca/arts/sets/people/ric-knowles> (he/him)

University Professor Emeritus<https://www.uoguelph.ca/arts/sets/people/ric-knowles>

University of Guelph<https://www.uoguelph.ca/arts/sets/people/ric-knowles>

<https://www.uoguelph.ca/arts/sets/people/ric-knowles>

https://www.uoguelph.ca/arts/sets/people/ric-knowles

Ric Knowles lives and works on the treaty lands and territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit (Between the Lakes Purchase, Treaty 3), where we acknowledge our responsibilities to the Dish with One Spoon Covenant and offer respect to Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, and Métis neighbours as well as to the many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples for whom today this gathering place is home.