[Candrama] Job Opportunity: Assistant Professor

Shelley Liebembuk sliebembuk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 15:50:18 EDT 2024

Hi CanDrama,

Please share this job opportunity with our network.

*The University of the Fraser Valley's School of Creative Arts
<https://www.ufv.ca/creative-arts/> (SoCA)’s Theatre program invites
applications for an Assistant Professor, with a specialization in Digital
Performance and/or Interdisciplinary Performance practice.* We are looking
for a collegial, energetic, and innovative individual who has a record of
effective teaching experience at the undergraduate level.

The successful candidate will be expected to teach praxis-based classes
which combine theory and practice, across technical, theatre, and
performance studies courses.

We seek applicants who share our passion for, and commitment to, excellence
in undergraduate teaching in a student-centered and process-based
environment; who successfully integrate their applied research or creative
practice into their teaching; and who have experience mentoring students
working on performance projects. Experience teaching Digital Performance,
Interdisciplinary Performance, Devised Theatre, and Applied Theatre will be
considered an asset. Experience directing university productions, mentoring
students, and working with production teams comprised of staff and students
is preferred.

Our Theatre program scaffolds technical, digital, and performance
competencies and the application of knowledge and skills in hands-on
projects. Students explore how theatre and performance can be used as a
tool for community engagement and social change; the intersections of live
performance and digital technologies; the integration of practice and
theory; as well as project-based leadership and professional skill
development.

The School of Creative Arts prioritizes teaching excellence and an
exceptional student experience guided by Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
(EDI) principles. We seek an instructor who can steward diverse student
needs, including international students, while demonstrating a commitment
to Indigenization and decolonization.

*Applications will begin to be reviewed April 12, 2024 for an anticipated
start date of August 1, 2024.*

Please follow this link to the full posting:

https://ufv.njoyn.com/CL3/xweb/xweb.asp?tbtoken=bVpYQR0XCBIHYXx4Q1NcCCA%2FA2NEcFheLiUuQC4kXkgjUyx%2BE2FaUTIdKEsdexEBcwkbURNTTXQqWA%3D%3D&chk=ZVpaShw%3D&clid=56144&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J0324-0929&BRID=265289&lang=1

Shelley Liebembuk, PhD (she/her)

Director, School of Creative Arts
Associate Professor, Theatre
University of the Fraser Valley

The University of the Fraser Valley is situated on the unceded traditional
territory of the Stó:lō People, Sema:th, Leq’á:mel and Matheqwí First
Nations.