TONIGHT: Live&Lectures presents: MR. PLOW MEETS THE BEATLES @ WPL

Andrew O'Neill awoneill at artsservices.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 10 12:57:51 EST 2009

LIVE AND LEARN LECTURES PRESENTS:

Mr. Plowmeets the Beatles

Why do our minds respond instinctively to Homer Simpson, John Lennon and Sir
Isaac Newton?

JOIN US TONIGHT

Featuring Randy Harris, Professor, English Language and Literature

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 7:00

James J. Brown Auditorium

Waterloo Public Library.

----

Presented in partnership by:

University of Waterloo, Faculty of arts...

http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/arts/ArtsEvents.html

and Waterloo Public Library...

http://wpl.ca/

COMING EVENTS:

Is it normal for my teenager to be gambling?
Should parents not be concerned with the gambling participation of their
children?  Is it normal behaviour?
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.

in the James J. Brown Auditorium at the Waterloo Public Library.

Rina Gupta

Saying Uncle: Speaking under Torture or Coercion
We use language not only to exchange information, but to perform a wide
range of other acts: promising, commanding, apologizing, and inquiring.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at the James J. Brown Auditorium at the
Waterloo Public Library.

Tim Kenyon

Necromedia
Join us, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. in the James J. Brown
Auditorium at the Waterloo Public Library.  Marcel O'Gorman, Associate
Professor, English Language & Literature will explore the "collusion of
death and technology," drawing on copycat school shootings as case studies
in technological being.

Andrew W. O'Neill

Arts Advancement Coordinator

University of Waterloo

awoneill at uwaterloo.ca

519-888-4567 x32440

PAS 1054A

___

for montly updates on what's happening in arts subscribe to Artsupdate!