Internation Day of Climate Action (October 24)

Claire Pella athenes1 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 00:56:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

If you could forward the information for this event (see below) to the PACS mailing list, we would much appreciate it.  We are also looking for volunteers to help with site set-up, organising the march, and possibly also with running the tech for the musical performances.  Anyone interested in volunteering can e-mail me at athenes1 at hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Claire Pella
The Climate Action Project

October 24th – International Day of Climate Action – Waterloo

What:
A gathering of students and community members to demand greater government action on climate change.
Speeches by climate activists and experts, musical performances, and an opportunity for members of the public to put forward their ideas about how Canada can deal with the climate change crisis.
A march around Uptown Waterloo including a stop in front of the office of the local Member of Parliament, Peter Braid.
Why:
To demand that Canada lead efforts to prevent climate catastrophe, rather than falling farther behind
To join the Canadian and international climate change movement in demanding a strong treaty this December in Copenhagen.
To set the world back on course to return to safe levels of CO2 in the atmosphere (350 parts per million or less).
[ For more information, see www.350.org and www.kyotoplus.ca ]
Where:
The square at the intersection of Erb and Caroline (in front of the Clay and Glass Gallery) in Uptown Waterloo.
When:
1:00pm to around 3:00pm, Saturday October 24thBring your family and friends!
Bring signs!
Bring chairs (if you want them)!
Bring your creativity and vision!
And lastly, BRING YOUR VOICE FOR CHANGE!
See you there,
The Climate Action Project