The 2009 United Way Campaign

Sherilee Diebold-Cooze sdiebold at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 30 13:21:54 EDT 2009

From: Theresa Bauer
Sent: September 22, 2009 4:15 PM
To: 'psycmail at watarts.uwaterloo.ca'
Subject: The 2009 United Way Campaign

Hi everyone,

It’s that time of year – the leaves are turning, the Oktoberfest signs are out, the smells of sauerkraut and lederhosen are in the air, and the 2009 United Way Campaign is about to begin.

The Campaign runs throughout the month of October. This year UW has set their goal at $200,000 to help the United Way agencies continue their important work in our community. We need your help to make it happen. Your gift will ensure that people in our community have somewhere to turn in their time of need. I will be distributing pledge packages to faculty and staff in the next few weeks... please show your support by completing and returning the form in your package.

The Department of Psychology has proudly supported the annual United Way Campaign by raising funds and awareness through special events. Last year you responded, participated, cheered, and donated an amazing $2,673.49!! Planning is currently underway for this year’s activities and we invite all faculty, staff, and students to take part … be sure to mark the dates below in your calendar and watch for further details and updates.

Regular and Survivor Bingo

Regular Bingo

-starts Mon Oct 5, 2009

·         -you can join Regular Bingo anytime and use all numbers already called

·         -each day we draw 3 numbers and email them to all participating players

·         -cards are $5/sheet (2 cards per sheet)

Survivor Bingo

·         -choose any Regular Bingo number between 1-75 (one person per number)

·         -Survivor numbers are eliminated with each corresponding Regular Bingo number rolled

·         -the last number rolled for Regular Bingo is the Survivor and wins half the Survivor Bingo proceeds

·         -numbers are $2 each and must be purchased before Regular Bingo starts Oct 5

CASH PRIZES for Regular Bingo: One line wins $10, an 'X' wins $30, a full card will receive 30% of all Bingo proceeds, with 70% going to the 2009 United Way Campaign

Bingo Cards and Survivor Bingo numbers will be available starting Monday September 28 from Louise in PAS 3023

‘THE’ Annual Halloween Pizza Lunch

A department tradition not to be missed!

Friday Oct 30, 2009

Pizza lunch, costume contest, tricks and treats....

Theresa   J

Psychology’s Campaign Website: we’re at the top of the beehive - http://www.arts.uwaterloo.ca/~bee/

UW’s Campaign website: http://unitedway.uwaterloo.ca/aboutunitedway.html