Jewish Studies lecture

Paul Socken psocken at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 30 18:04:59 EDT 2009

Faculty, Staff and students are cordially invited to attend the annual
Allan Kerbel Memorial Lecture in Jewish Studies

titled "Two Old Men and Two Million Jews: Horthy, Antonescu and the
Holocaust": Hungary and Romania were German allies and one would have
expected the total destruction of their Jewish communities. This did not
happen. To understand why, we explore a story of unexpected heroism and
conscience, which emerges from this dark era of human history.

Our speaker is the renowned Dr. Stephen Berk of Union College.

Please join us on Tuesday 6 November at 7:30 pm at St. Jerome's
Siegfried Hall, Room 1030.

Admission free. Everyone is welcome.

Professor Paul Socken
Founder