Our Town

sasteinb at mailservices.uwaterloo.ca sasteinb at mailservices.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Dec 8 10:18:07 EST 2010

Hi there,

I'm wondering if I could have the following announcement sent out via
artsannounce? Thanks! Sherrie

Dear colleagues,

Next week, KW Youth Theatre (http://www.kwyouththeatre.com/index.php)
presents its production of Thornton Wilder's "Our
Town"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Town) directed by Jewels Krauss.

Here's the synopsis:

As Wilder sought to make Our Town into everytown, he did more than
strip away realistic sets and props. He made his setting a universal
anywhere where things don't get in the way of ideas, where essence
doesn't get lost in detail. A mix of human-sized joys (spring,
sunsets, chocolate sodas, a simple wedding) and personal tragedies (a
ruptured appendix, alcoholism, suicide, death in childbirth), this is
a play of lyrical beauty. The joys and sorrows of Our Town are the
stuff of now. And forever.

Performances will be held:

Dec 17-18 at 8 pm,  and Dec 18-19 at 2pm
at the Fergus Grand Theatre
244 St. Andrew Street West, Fergus

Tickets are $18 adults, $10 students

Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing tickets.  Thanks in
advance for supporting local youth theatre.

Warmly,
Sherrie

Sherrie Steinberg | Office Administrator | Arts Student Union

asu-admin at asu.uwaterloo.ca | www.asu.uwaterloo.ca

Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something,
perhaps when you are least expecting it.  I never heard of anyone ever
stumbling on something sitting down.  ~Charles F. Kettering