Our Town

Sherilee Diebold-Cooze sdiebold at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Dec 8 10:33:27 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,

Next week, KW Youth Theatre (http://www.kwyouththeatre.com/index.php)
presents its production of Thornton Wilder's "Our
Town"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Town) directed by Jewels Krauss.

Here's the synopsis:

As Wilder sought to make Our Town into everytown, he did more than
strip away realistic sets and props. He made his setting a universal
anywhere where things don't get in the way of ideas, where essence
doesn't get lost in detail. A mix of human-sized joys (spring,
sunsets, chocolate sodas, a simple wedding) and personal tragedies (a
ruptured appendix, alcoholism, suicide, death in childbirth), this is
a play of lyrical beauty. The joys and sorrows of Our Town are the
stuff of now. And forever.

Performances will be held:

Dec 17-18 at 8 pm,  and Dec 18-19 at 2pm
at the Fergus Grand Theatre
244 St. Andrew Street West, Fergus

Tickets are $18 adults, $10 students

Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing tickets.  Thanks in
advance for supporting local youth theatre.

Warmly,
Sherrie

Sherrie Steinberg | Office Administrator | Arts Student Union

asu-admin at asu.uwaterloo.ca | www.asu.uwaterloo.ca

Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something,
perhaps when you are least expecting it.  I never heard of anyone ever
stumbling on something sitting down.  ~Charles F. Kettering

The artsannounce mailing list is to be used for announcements concerning public lectures and other kinds of events or opportunities that might be of interest to many of the individuals employed within the Faculty of Arts. The artsannounce mailing list includes all interested staff and faculty within Arts, and is intended to replace the artsstaff and artsfac mailing lists for these purposes.

Anyone who does not wish to receive these kinds of announcements may unsubscribe from the list at any time. To unsubscribe from artsannounce send an empty email message to artsannounce-leave at artslist.uwaterloo.ca and then simply reply to the confirmation message. If you change your mind you can also re-subscribe to artsannounce via this web page: http://artslist.uwaterloo.ca/mailman/listinfo/artsannounce

Archives of past postings to the artsannounce list can be found here: http://artslist.uwaterloo.ca/pipermail/artsannounce/