December 6th Violence Against Women Ceremony

Tracy Penny Light tplight at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 29 16:27:25 EST 2011

Posted on behalf of Leanne Yates, Women's Studies Society President
The Women's Studies Society is hosting a December 6th Remembrance ceremony to commemorate the violence that took place at École Polytechnique on December 6th, 1989. This will take place on Dec 6th in the SLC Multi- Purpose room (attached to the Great Hall) from noon-1pm. We will be having a short ceremony commemorating the lives of the women who were killed as a result of this violence, as well as to reflect on our own experiences with violence and abuse toward women. We invite you to participate with us, to share your experiences, and make the fight against violence a priority.

  This will be a collaboration with the UW Woman's Center!

https://www.facebook.com/events/140567979382815/ - here is the link to the Facebook group event. Please feel free to invite your colleagues and your friends.

If you cannot make it to the event, remember these women by wearing a white ribbon, which can be picked up at the Women's Centre in the SLC.

Tracy Penny Light, Ph.D.
Acting Chair, Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies

Assistant Professor, Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies/History
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Health Studies and Gerontology (UW)

St. Jerome's University
STJ 1013B
290 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3G3
519-884-8110 x.28291

tplight at uwaterloo.ca

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

  ~~Ralph Waldo Emerson