Shane Neilson and Brian Henderson read at St Jerome's! 25 October

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 18 10:36:53 EDT 2012

Hello, friends,

To kick off our 2012-13 series, Metaphoriment -- where literature meets science, metaphor meets experiment -- we're honoured and delighted to host two brilliant poets from our own neck of the woods, right here in K-W and Guelph.

Shane Neilson and Brian Henderson will be joining us on Thursday 25 October at 8pm in STJ 3014. The reading is free and all are welcome. Hope to see you there. Please spread the word!

More about the authors:

Shane Neilson is a doctor and a poet, originally from New Brunswick and now based in Guelph. His collection Complete Physical was shortlisted for the Trillium Poetry Award in 2011. His latest book is Gunmetal Blue, a memoir about the intersection of poetry and medicine. Lately Shane is working on poetry based on historical figures -- doctors and patients -- in psychiatry.

Brian Henderson is the author of 10 collections of poetry, one of which, Nerve Language (Pedlar Press 2007), was a finalist for the Governor General’s Award. His latest, Sharawadji (Brick Books), was shortlisted for the 2012 Canadian Authors Association Award for Poetry. He has published articles, reviews, and poetry in many literary magazines, has a PhD in Canadian Literature and is the director of WLUPress.

For more information about the Reading Series, please visit our blog, canlitkicksass.blogspot.com<http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.com/>

We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $154 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L’an dernier, le Conseil  a investi 154 millions de dollars pour mettre de l’art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.