Blended Learning Forum Meet and Greet

Shannon Dea sjdea at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Oct 26 10:18:36 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

please see the announcement below from my colleague, Dr. Greg Andres. This
initiative is a great opportunity for us to help each other use Learn
better. Hope to see you there! (Please share the announcement with any
colleagues who may be interested.)

Best wishes,
Shannon Dea

--
Associate Professor
Faculty of Arts Teaching Fellow

To what extent do you integrate Learn in your courses? Is it a pillar? Or
is it tacked on the periphery? We do ourselves a disservice if Learn
remains an under utilized resource. But how can we make Learn a central
fixture in our courses and make it do more of the heavy lifting? A Peer
Forum for Blended Learning has been created in Learn for Faculty to test
their ideas and share what they do with others.

 To generate interest, I invite you to a brown-bag lunch at noon (12-1) on
November 12 in the Flex Lab (Porter Library, third floor). This will be an
informal time to share what you do and hear how your peers utilize Learn
(we will build a concepts-map with sticky-notes).  Bring your lunch and
your ideas. Coffee is on the house.

 Greg Andres
Philosophy Department,
WatPD