New Issue! Canadian Journal of Disability Studies

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 18 10:03:09 EST 2013

[My apologies for cross-posting]

Please check out the new issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies:

http://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/current

In this issue, Christine Kelly calls for renewed descriptions of disability activism, Thomas Abrams provides a phenomenological reading of Disability Tax Credits, Rachel Barken examines intellectual disabilities and residential services in Nova Scotia, and Mary Ann McColl, Bill Adair, Sue Davey, and Nick Kates offer new directions for emancipatory research in disability studies.

Also, we have reviews of Paul Jaeger's Disability and the Internet: Confronting a Digital Divide, Sarah York's novel The Anatomy of Edouard Beaupre, and Kirsty Johnson's Stage Turns: Canadian Disability Theatre.

Please have a look at these excellent articles and consider submitting your own work to the journal. We welcome submissions. Please spread the word!

Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TheCJDS
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TheCJDS

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Assistant Professor of English
University of Waterloo
Department of English
Hagey Hall of Humanities Building