Peace Camp

Eric Lepp eric.lepp at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jun 6 14:51:35 EDT 2014

Looking for a unique and exciting camp experience for your 11 to 14 year old?

Peace Camp is a summer day camp for youth aged 11-14 in Waterloo Region that uses a variety of instructional strategies to educate and empower youth to work for peace. Our program allows campers to gain knowledge of local and global issues while providing tangible skills to build peace in the world. We believe that peacemaking happens through observation, participation and reflection, all of which are key elements of our unique camp experience.
This year's theme is Epic Peace: Turning the World Upside Down. Together, we will play, learn and grow as we examine avenues of peace in our local and global community. It is our goal to create awareness of social justice issues and to help youth develop into globally and multiculturally literate citizens.

No two days of Peace Camp are the same! Our days will be filled with:

*         Wide Games

*         Sports

*         Hearing Stories from Community Members

*         Field Trips

*         Peacebuilding Skills

*         Crafts

*         Lunch Included

Who: Youth ages 11 - 14
When: Monday, July 28 to Friday, August 1, 2014
Where: Conrad Grebel University College
Cost for the week, including lunch: $185/camper

Registration is now online at grebel.ca/peacecamp
Contact: Katie Gingerich - Peace Camp Coordinator
peacecamp at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:peacecamp at uwaterloo.ca>