Correction: Sex Dialogues lecture series on March 16 featuring Dr. Tracy Penny-Light

Megan Scarborough mscarborough at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Mar 14 14:32:20 EDT 2014

Please be advised that the lecture series takes place on Sunday, March 16th (previous email listed March 14th which is incorrect)

On Sunday, March 16th, Dr. Tracy Penny-Light, an Associate Professor in the Department of Women's Studies, will be speaking at a lecture series entitled Sex Dialogies. Sunday's lecture on sex, lies, and media will take place at THEMUSEUM in Kitchener.

The Science of Sexuality is an evocative, informed, creative, conversation-starting exhibition about one of the most ubiquitous, most under-discussed aspects of our life and culture. THEMUSEUM is thrilled to facilitate inspiring, important, transformative ideas and discussions. It's time for the talk. The Sex Dialogues is a series of lectures, panel discussions, films and guest speakers. Conversation is intercourse too.

Dr. Tracy Penny-Light's lecture will examine the media's depiction of sexuality:

What Does the Media Teach Us About Sexuality and Our Roles in Society Today?
What questions should we be asking about what we see?  This talk draws on historical and contemporary research on sexuality and the media to explore the messages about sexuality that are presented to us.  We will consider the implications of accepting the "lies" about sexuality that we are all exposed to everyday and discuss some ways to be critical consumers of this messaging.

Visit the event page for more information<https://uwaterloo.ca/arts/events/sex-dialogues-cafe-scientifique-sex-lies-and-media>.

Megan Scarborough
Communications and Graduate Recruitment Officer
Faculty of Arts<https://uwaterloo.ca/arts>, University of Waterloo
PAS 2426 | 519 888-4567 x 37958
@uwaterlooARTS<https://twitter.com/uwaterlooARTS> | facebook.com/waterlooartsgrad<https://www.facebook.com/waterlooartsgrad> | linkedin.com/company/university-of-waterloo-arts-graduate-studies/<http://www.linkedin.com/company/university-of-waterloo-arts-graduate-studies/>
[university-of-waterloo-logo-esig]