Sanctuary in Song - Wed, nov 12 at12:30PM in the Conrad Grebel Chapel

Angelica Allen a26allen at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 10 13:50:09 EST 2014

Hello everyone,
This week we are pleased to present Daniel Cabena (countertenor) and Stephen Runge (piano) in our noon hour concert.
Theme Summary:  This program, composed of songs from the English art song repertoire, explores a few of the various forms and meanings of sanctuary; and it does this in the context of a pilgrimage: we trace a man's journey through life, with its wanderings, loves, losses and comforts; and we stop with him along the way at a few different kinds of sanctuary, including those offered by nature, the night, spiritual affirmation, love (through giving and receiving), and, finally, death.

In need of a 50 minute break?  Please come join us.

Angelica

Angelica Allen, Assistant

University of Waterloo Department of Music
Conrad Grebel University College
140 Westmount Rd., Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G6
(519) 885-0220 ext. 24256  Rm. 1103