Karen Connelly reads at St Jerome's! 25 Sept

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 24 14:34:48 EDT 2014

As an excellent start to The Reading Series at St Jerome's this year, with our theme Writing the Self / The Self Writing, we're pleased to welcome Karen Connelly.

Please join us tomorrow, Thursday 25 September at 8pm in STJ 3014.

The readings are free and all are welcome. Please spread the word!

Karen Connelly is the author of ten books of award-winning poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. Much of her work explores exile, dissident politics, human rights, and linguistic immersion, particularly in Burma, Thailand, and Greece. She also writes, in various genres, about transgenerational violence and trauma. Her most recent collection of poetry, Come Cold River, is a memoir about her troubled family, as well as a moving homage to many people in Canada who are invisibilized and silenced.

Her acclaimed novel The Lizard Cage was the winner of Britain's Orange Broadband New Writers Prize; Touch the Dragon, winner of the Governor General's Award; Burmese Lessons: A Love Story, shortlisted for the Governor General's Award and the BC National Award for Nonfiction.

For more information about the Reading Series, please visit canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca<http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca>

We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $157 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L’an dernier, le Conseil a investi 157 millions de dollars pour mettre de l’art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.