Jennifer Berdahl business lecture at UW/SJU

David Seljak dseljak at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 22 12:55:40 EDT 2016

Please publicize and invite your students. See attached.
Thank you!

Invitation to faculty, staff, and students. Free and open to all.

Lecture: From fixing the women to liberating the men.
Dr. Jennifer Berdahl, Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia
Wed. March, 30th, 4:00-6:00 pm.
STJ 3014, St. Jerome's Classroom and Administration Building
(See attached parking guide as SJU is undergoing extensive construction)

As part of their commitment to the UN Women's HeForShe campaign<https://uwaterloo.ca/president/heforshe-waterloo>, the University of Waterloo and St. Jerome's University have invited Dr. Jennifer Berdahl from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia to speak on Wednesday, March 30th, about gender in organizations. The first Montalbano Professorship in Leadership Studies: Women and Diversity at UBC's Sauder School of Business, Dr. Berdahl is an internationally recognized scholar in the field of gender in organizations. She has advised Canadian parliament and informed Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg in her bestseller Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead. More information may be found here<http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/News/2014/New_Sauder_professor_appointed_to_spearhead_research_promoting_women_and_diversity_in_business>.

In her talk, Dr. Berdahl will examine how various organizations have attempted to deal with gender - from trying to "fix" the women to changing the way that everyone thinks about men and women. Her impressive and influential research has shown that organizations that successfully integrate women are more successful than their competitors.

If you could help to publicize this event, I would be very grateful. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Yours,
David

David Seljak
Associate Professor
Department of Religious Studies
St. Jerome's University
In the University of Waterloo

290 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G3

519-884-8111, ext. 28232

St. Jerome's is part of the University of Waterloo's commitment to the United Nation's HeForShe campaign: www.HeForShe.org<http://www.HeForShe.org>, and I am SJU's Faculty Advocate for the HeForShe Impact 10x10x10 initiative (http://www.heforshe.org/impact)